Tuesday, November 2, 2010

bitter is always funny right?

I didn't have a computer for FOREVER so a good friend loaned me a laptop so I could get online and reconnect with the world away from my live-in ex boy who I'll call Social Security (because I've only heard of old folk falling for this).
Well, I got a slick new laptop for Xmas and he kept using the old extra one my friend loaned us. At some point, I found a Western Union transfer to some girl in Nigeria with $500 price tag on it. Okay, Social Security and I are broken up and I have no right to ask about it. I only found it because I was stealing laundry quarters. The issue is dropped.

When I moved out, he returned the laptop and my friend went through it to clean out any crap she didn't want. While cleaning she found a snapshot of a scam - 2 letters and 2 IM conversations between Nigeria girl "hunnie" and Social Security. Long story short, he sent her $2800. This hunnie got more cash out of the tightwad than I did over the course of 3 years. Now, I don't like a guy spending a lot of money on me so that's not the point. The point is that the guy who told me I'm terrible with money sent a SERIOUS chunk of change to Nigeria because some girl called him hunnie. The pain comes from reading a letter that says how much more romantic this woman is than me.

I'm moving on now, but whenever I feel a little hurt that I'm not as romantic as someone who may or may not actually be a woman; I think I'll call him up and call him hunnie while picturing his cringe factor.

We all deal in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment